Sunday, August 21, 2011

Delicious Conversation

Delicious Conversation by Jennifer Stewart Griffith
My rating: 4.5 

Delicious Conversation

Synopsis

Susannah Hapsburg is totally ready for Plan C. Plan A was to get married at 22 and have a passel of kids. Still unmarried and 31, that option is out. Plan B was to work her way up the corporate ladder. However, the company she devoted eight years to just went bankrupt, giving her a bad taste for the corporate world.

Which leaves her with Plan C.
 
Plan C involves chocolate.
 
With the support of friends, Susannah puts her future on the line to open up downtown Salt Lake City s first all-chocolate café, The Chocolate Bar, a place where scrumptious conversations and delectable desserts abound.
 
In the midst of all this, social turmoil hits Susannah when she catches the interest of the city s most eligible bachelor just as her long-lost love returns to town--with intentions of marrying anyone but Susannah.
 
Can Plan C offer Susannah her just desserts?

My Review

Personality!! That's the word that came to mind as I read this LDS modern day adaptation of Jane Austen's Persuasion! As I finished the book and closed the cover at 2:00 am, I gave a satisfied sigh! That was good!Every chapter ends with some sort of chocolate recipe. I think I gained 5 lbs. just reading the book! :) Can't wait to try the recipes! I also loved how the author tied in the recipies to her story.

No comments:

Post a Comment