Sunday, January 30, 2011

My Literary World

I have never been an avid reader. Usually I'd rather watch a movie than read the book. I think in high school I skimmed the assigned reading or guessed at the answers instead of reading the actual text. In college I read once in a while, when I found something worth my time. Then one day my mom mentioned a new series called "Harry Potter". I picked up the book and discovered the joy of reading. But it wasn't until I actually started writing that my true love of reading began.

In high school, my teacher told me that I was a good writer. I enjoyed my creative writing classes and had it in the back of my mind to try writing someday. Then, ten years and five kids later my dad gave me a book about writing. I decided I just needed to start...and that was the beginning of my new obsession.

I joined a writing group called ANWA (American Night Writers Association) where my love for writing has blossomed. I have recieved great feedback, formed wonderful friendships, and gained much needed support. The desire to write now burns within me.

The more I write the more I read. So many authors in ANWA have been published and the stories they've created are amazing. Now I don't feel complete without my nose in a book. I'd rather read and write than watch TV or movies. I mean, let's face it...the book is so much better!

So I've decided to start this blog of my literary world. Here I will review books that I've read and blog about my writing and reading adventure. Come along and escape into my literary world! 

4 comments:

  1. So excited to hear about all the wonderful adventures you're having (I mean books you've read. Same thing, right?). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you and your writing journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, yes! Another writing blog! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the book blogging world! Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete